Wednesday, May 27, 2015

bright streetlight attracts a massive bug infestation at night during the summertime -- what to do ?

See this 05-27-2015 message from a Bloomingdale rowhouse dweller:

I need to talk to somebody who handles the street lights on my block.  Unfortunately I have a streetlight that's positioned directly in front of my house.  In the winter everything is fine but in the summer at night I have a massive bug infestation all over the front of my house because the light is shining directly onto the front of the house. I have no idea if this can be addressed but I'm hoping that someone could try to figure out a solution. Even if it's just turning off the light over the summer! 

Might someone have a name at the DC Department of Transportation or elsewhere who could help?

No comments: