Tuesday, July 15, 2014

ahh, it looks like the stop signs at 1st and V Street NW are back

Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 10:26:00 -0400
Subject: Re: ... Concerned Residents of First Street - Status Update
       
All,
                                                                                                      
I've just left my house behind the fence line and the stop signs appear to be back. The northbound sign is uncovered and it looks like their behind the fence making a semi-permanent sign to place on the southbound side.


2 comments:

randomd said...

#facepalm "THEY'RE behind the fence..." not "THEIR behind the fence..." This is what I get for trusting autocorrect and typing too fast on my phone. I forget basic grammar!

nobodyhomehere said...

I watched a women pushing a a baby stroller try to cross 1st Street from West to East who peering around the construction fence trying to see ongoing cars, with the drivers unable to see her. This is a very dangerous situation, and wonder if it would be wise to move the crosswalk to about 20 feet from the construction fence so pedestrians have a fighting chance