Tuesday, July 15, 2014

? installed backflow preventer did not work last night -- any clues or suggestions ?

See this 07-15-2014 message from a Florida Avenue NW resident:

I participated in the backflow preventor program. Had one installed and two sump pumps plus re-routing of my roof drains... Despite all of this there was water in my basement unit last night when my tenant got home. The mystery is where it came from since her front door area was dry as was the back area it was mostly in a hall space and the front of her bedroom... Ceiling was dry ... Anyone on the list have a similar problem?? I'm completely stumped and now fear I will just have to go without anyone living in that unit if I can't find the source. I've spent thousands of dollars already outside of the rebate and was so disheartened to get her message about the water. 

2 comments:

Ryan Eades said...

Did you check with your neighbors to see if they took on water? Maybe it came thru an adjoining side wall? Only other things I can think of would be the BFP didn't engage or there may be a crack in your foundation and it came up through the ground. Sorry to hear.

Unknown said...

I have someone come and test it. I don't know who would be able to come and test it for you. That is what worked for me though. It worked like a charm the next night.

Aaron | http://www.irrigation-tech.com/backflow-preventer-testing-service-installation/