Tuesday, July 15, 2014

ANC 5E08 Commissioner Austin Pearl: "what are the biggest issues facing the neighborhood in terms of crime?"


From: 5E08@anc.dc.gov
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 11:27:53 -0400
           
I just wanted to let the neighborhood know I have an office call with the MPD 5th District Commander tomorrow afternoon. So I wanted to solicit community input on crime/safety/all issues related to policing. Please write and let me know what YOU think the biggest issues are facing the neighborhood in terms of crime.
  
                                      
#1 on my list as of this moment is the lack of Vice Unit attention on obvious drug dealing that has been going on for years. I believe the nearly open air drug markets are a source of a lot of other negative issues, including violent crime and shootings. If the recent recent shootings in the neighborhood turn out to be drug related, this will only underscore the point. Drinking, loitering, and littering on sidewalks are also a blatant issue that has gone unaddressed for way too long--especially at night during the weekends. 
                                                                                            
Also on my list are safety issues stemming from reckless vehicles speeding through the neighborhood and petty theft/package theft. I think the bottom line is despite the year-over-year statistical drop in crime, we still have a long way to go.
 
That said, I'd like to know what the residents think. 
                           
So please let me know at 5E08@anc.dc.gov
    
                                                       
Best,
  
                           
Austin L. Pearl 
ANC5E08 Bloomingdale


No comments: