Friday, June 13, 2014

a special message from Councilmember Kenyan R. McDuffie commemorating Father’s Day



From: Councilmember Kenyan R. McDuffie <KMcDuffie@public.govdelivery.com>
Sent: Fri, Jun 13, 2014 9:59 am
Subject: A Special Message From Councilmember Kenyan R. McDuffie Commemorating Father’s Day


Banner
As the father of two young daughters, I am often reminded that my role as “dad” is the most important one. I am responsible for creating a nurturing and loving environment for my kids to learn, grow and thrive. I am there for soccer practices and tummy-aches, and I look forward to the days when I will watch them attend proms and graduations.
I have learned so many invaluable life-lessons from my father and the positive male figures in my life. It is my hope that I instill the same values in my children that I learned from my father.
Fathers guide us and show us right from wrong. They set a high bar for us and mold us to become better individuals. They sacrifice to take care of their families and to provide for their children. For this, we should all be so thankful.
As fathers, our rewards are our children—we see their smiling faces each day and are tasked with shaping them into leaders of the next generation.
I commend all fathers as well as the grandfathers, uncles, cousins and other role models who have made an impact in the lives of our city’s youth. Your willingness to mentor our sons and daughters should be applauded.
As the Ward 5 Councilmember, I am thankful for the work that is being done to expose growing children to positive influences and increase opportunities for men to fellowship with one another. This is why I have dedicated resources in the Fiscal Year 2015 budget for the creation of the Commission for Fathers, Men and Boys. I am personally committed to working with other leaders to bring about the positive changes that we wish to see in our city.
Let’s continue to focus on building stronger, healthier and more meaningful relationships with our families and helping our communities prosper.
Today, and every day—HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!

No comments: