Friday, August 12, 2011

bike theft attempt on Flagler Pl NW

See this Friday, 08/12/2011 message from a Flagler Place NW resident:


Just thought I`d pass along that someone tried to steal my bike today in broad daylight while it was locked to my front railing. I live on the south end of Flagler Place NW. I was home and heard some noise for about 10 minutes out front but thought nothing of it (there is a lot going on in front of our home, typically), then found my bike lock torn apart and apparently whacked-at by a blunt object. They didn`t manage to get the bike, though (insert Kryptonite brand plug here).

Just want to encourage people to be on the lookout for petty thieves since apparently they`re not even deterred by the sun and daytime passers-by. I`d also ask folks to consider intervening and/or calling the cops since, unfortunately, not everyone is on the up and up in our little slice of paradise.

No comments: