Thursday, August 09, 2012

CM McDuffie on Bloomingdale flooding: "No tangible relief" to those impacted

From: "McDuffie, Kenyan (Council)"
To: A bunch of people
Sent: Thursday, August 9, 2012 4:01 PM
Subject: RE: Bloomingdale Action Agenda
              
Mr. McCracken, I fully appreciate your frustrations and anger.  You should know that my office is working with DC Water and the Mayor’s office to substantively address the flooding in Bloomingdale and to get you the answers to the questions you have posed.  As I am sure you can appreciate, even short-term solutions will require some time to discover and engineer.  I realize that there is a long history of studies and reports tied to this issue with no tangible relief to those impacted.  This is unacceptable and my commitment to the residents of the Bloomingdale community is to work non-stop on this issue until there is mitigation and relief.  In addition to working with the Mayor’s office and DC Water, I intend to work with my colleagues on the Council to explore and exhaust all legislative options to address this issue. 
         
Again, I completely understand how frustrating this ordeal has been for you and the residents of Bloomingdale and will continue to stand with you for action. 
                 


No comments: