Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Ward 1 CM Graham: "it is not clear the very specific root cause to the recurring flooding"

ANC 1B01 Commissioner Myla Moss forwarded on 08/03/2012 a long Email thread [not copied here] on neighborhood flooding to Ward 1 Councilmember Jim Graham.

With this email I am asking the office of the Mayor and Councilman Graham to assist with this issue.
Thanks
Myla Moss

Now see this Email that Councilmember Graham just sent out:
 

Thank you, Myla. I am following this issue closely and with concern. I know CM McDuffie is as well. I know of the meeting that was held Saturday in Bloomingdale on this topic with DC Water General Manager George Hawkins presenting. I am also aware of the action plan referred to in this email.
                                      
In all that I have read it is still not clear the very specific root cause or causes to this recurring problem. The cleaning of storm drains, installation of devices, handing out sand bags is appreciated but does not provide the level of security fixing this. I want answers for the residents of LeDroit Park and I want them to be significant. 
                                                                         
I have asked GM. Hawkins for a detailed report to move forward and that we prepare for a meeting in September.
                                                                                                         
Bests, Jim Graham



2 comments:

Scott Roberts of Bloomingdale said...

Oh well so much for this message from Councilmember Graham. zzzz I guess.

Jenifer said...

well any report is better than no report. But I hope they start talking about the rising water table due to the lack of swift removal of storm water...