Monday, March 01, 2010

camping on Crispus Attucks

See this welcome message from Bloomingdale resident Mike Giordano:
Hello Bloomingdale neighbors!

I’m Mike Giordano. I live on the 100 block of U Street NW with my partner Bob and our 5 year old daughter Kayla. I’m looking for volunteers to help organize our first Camping on Crispus Attucks.

With the guidance and support of John Corea, the Crispus Attucks Park Board and John Salatti, we’re going to have a family-friendly night out in the park – similar to what the Park Service does in New York’s Central Park.

Let’s keep it simple…set up your tents, bring your portable fire pits, roast marshmallows, sing campfire songs, perhaps even tell ghost stories. Then, go to sleep by the sounds of crickets and sirens. There may be a small fee to cover the portable toilet. I’m hoping that the campers will be willing to donate marshmallows, fire wood, and such.

Worried about safety? Don't. We have the support of the local police. In fact, an officer or two will be joining us overnight.

I’ll need help with things like: signage, renting a port-a-john, creating agreements and registering campers, post-camp cleaning, potential activities and such.

If you’re interested in helping out, email me at mike.giordano.msw @ gmail.com or call me at 202/ 234- 5178.

For registration – that will begin in a month or two.

Hope you’ll join us!

Mike



No comments: