Monday, January 23, 2017

water around front bay window -- what to do ?

From: Selena
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2017 11:43 PM
Subject: Water around window

Hi, I've gotten good referrals from this list before and I'm hoping someone out there can help.  On my second floor I have a large single pane bay window and I've been dealing with water on that front wall for some time.  It's caused the paint to buckle dramatically. I repointed the whole front of the house with Renaissance and then Corley came and redid the turret and gutter.  But water seems to be still getting in. I've even had it replastered and painted and it's still not fixed.  Now I'm thinking maybe it's around the window itself, like it's not installed properly?  I'm not sure who to call to assess/fix this.   Anyone else with experience with this issue? Thanks!


Guy de Fritkot said...

I had what sounds like a similar issue and what ended up working was having the window recaulked by a handyman.

selenasd said...


Paul Kirk said...

I had a good experience with Antonio. He was professional and did a thorough job. His number is (202) 459-3068