Friday, October 22, 2010

seeking referrals for a certified reading specialist

See this request from an Adams Street NW resident:

Looking to hire a certified reading specialist to tutor an 11 year old child. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I live in the Bloomingdale area. Also if anyone has any suggestions of programs that can be purchased to help with reading fluency and spelling please let me know.


s said...

Maupin House Publishing has great resources for teaching literacy. Google them -- you can order all their stuff online.

Stacey said...

I am a certified Orton Gillingham tutor. You can contact me via email or phone. I tutor quite a few students in reading in upper NW.

Scott Roberts of Bloomingdale said...

Stacey -- you did not provide any contact information in your response above. FYI.

Scott Roberts of Bloomingdale said...

Here is a response from a Flagler Place NW resident:

There is a Neighborhood Tutoring Program called For the Love of Children(FLOC) at 202
462-8686 or 202 349-3515. They provide Reading and Math tutoring.

Suzanne in Bloomingdale said...

We would love to meet other parents of 'tween children in the neighborhood. My daughter is almost 13 and we don't know many older kids nearby.

By the way, for all you parents with little ones, she's hoping to start babysitting when she's thirteen (soon).

Blooming Girl said...

Hi folks. I am a reading specialist in Fairfax County and a Bloomingdale resident. I might be interested in providing tutoring support. Please feel free to contact me at and I would be happy to talk with you more about my background and what support I might be able to provide.

Cheers, Katie