Tuesday, September 16, 2014

ALERT Neigbors: Woman knocking on doors on 100 block of Bryant St NW and presenting herself as a Washington Gas rep

Subject: PLEASE ALERT Neigbors: Woman knocking on doors on 100 block of Bryant and presenting herself as a Washington Gas rep
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 12:35:40 -0400          

                
This woman just knocked on my door - Tuesday morning [09-16-2014].  She is Black, around 5' 10" Slender Build wearing blue t shirt and dark pants. Flashed an ID, said she was from Washington Gas and had questions about my electric bill. I declined to speak with her as her sudden appearance and explanation for her visit seemed fishy. I then called Washington Gas who said they have not sent any reps into the field in our neighborhood and in any case their reps do not ask for account numbers and/or about electric bills. Called 911 to report and, being as this is DC, was told to wait on the line which I did for several minutes without getting a response. 
Please pass on to our neighbors.
 

See this subsequent comment from another neighbor:

I saw the post about the woman going door today asking for copies of energy bills. She came to my door today too and went down my entire street (Adams). I turned her away because I fell like this is just weird and I don't like it. She told me she needed to see my bill, as if it was not a request, to make sure I was getting the lowest rate. When I asked her if Washington Gas couldn't just do that automatically THEN she told me she is not an employee of WG and that she doesn't have access to that information. She has a badge on her shirt that says she is not an employee of Washington Gas. It's a very strange way to do sales, but I think we were told it would be going on. Your blog from August may be about exactly this.


And see subsequent comment #2 from yet another neighbor:

If Washington Gas Energy Services has to state explicitly that their employees are not affiliated with the regulated utility (Washington Gas), they why would they (WGES) use what appears to be the exact same blue flame logo as the regulated utility (WG)?

No wonder neighbors are confused.
                                 
"She has a badge on her shirt that says she is not an employee of Washington Gas. It's a very strange way to do sales, but I think we were told it would be going on. Your blog from August may be about exactly this."

No comments: