Wednesday, December 16, 2015

dog found on T Street NW in Bloomingdale - update: dog was claimed by its owner

Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2015 12:22 PM
Subject:
Dog Found Last Night On T Street NW In Bloomingdale - JRT/Chihuahua Mix?

I found this adorable puppy (or petite young dog?) who came running up to me last night while walking my dogs - super cute, tan and white, my guess is he's around 8 - 12 months old and I suspect he is part Jack Russell Terrier and part Chihuahua.  He must weight approximately around 8 pounds?  He had no tags on him - just a collar.  I called him Mr. T as I found him - or rather he found me - on the unit block of T Street. 
       
Mr. T seems to be house trained, follows commands like "sit" and "up" and has an amazing temperament and is as sweet and as affectionate as could be - he obviously came from a caring and loving home!  He also gets along with other dogs (at least small ones for sure), as he immediately bonded with my dogs.

I called the Washington Humane Society in the hopes he had a microchip and could be reunited with his owners and they picked him up late last night.  I contacted the Humane Society again this morning to check up on him and while he in fact does have a microchip, the information leading to his owners is blocked due to lack of annual fee payment!?  These microchip companies are truly uncivilized!!!

So now this cutie will get evaluated by WHS for the next 2-3 days - health, temperament, etc. - and then if unclaimed within the next 7-10 days will be put up for adoption.

So if he is your pup - or you may know his owners - please contact the Washington Humane Society on New York Avenue to claim Mr. T.  His reference number is A30413722
Washington Humane Society - Tel: 2025766664
1201 New York Avenue NE 20002


Thanks! 



No comments: