Wednesday, April 17, 2013

DDOT's Surface Water Management project around 1st & R I Ave NW: construction starts this Monday, 04-22-2013

I have to confess that I had forgotten about the DC Department of Transportation (DDOT)'s Surface Water Management project here in Bloomingdale.  
       
This project will bring to 1st & Rhode Island Avenue NW the following solutions:   

  • catch basins
  • underground storage pipe
  • permeable pavement
  • rain garden

We received an update last night at the April 2013 ANC 5E meeting from Chancee Lundy of InspireGreen.

At last night's always entertaining ANC 5E meeting, Chancee Lundy advised that the project construction would commence this Monday, 04-22-2013.
     
I believe that one lane of the 100 block of Rhode Island Avenue NW will be blocked off, including rush hour.  This construction project is scheduled to end at the end of the year.
   
Yeah, anticipate a bit of a traffic mess for the next eight months!
 

From: Chancee Lundy <clundy@nspiregreen.com>Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 5:30 PM
Subject: Bloomingdale Surface Water Management Construction Notice

Ward 5 Community,

I have attached an electronic copy of the Bloomingdale Surface Water Management Construction Notice. There were a few updates made since the Bloomingdale civic association meeting last night. The most important is the end date which was corrected. I will also have these at the ANC 5E meeting tonight. 

Please post the information to relevant list servs and blogs in the community.

Later this week, we will be in the area passing out fliers door to door in the neighborhood. 

I appreciate your assistance in getting the word out to the community.

If you have any questions regarding the project, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will do my best to keep you up to date regarding any changes or other pertinent issues with the project. 

Regards,

--
Chancee` Lundy
Public Outreach Coordinator
DDOT- Surface Water Management Project
                      

2 comments:

Ryan Eades said...

Thanks for the update Scott. I can't tell from the document here, did they specify which side of the 100 block of RI Ave NW will be blocked off for 8 months? I guess we'll find out soon enough either way!

Scott Roberts of Bloomingdale said...

Look forward to an update by day end with more specific info on lane closures, etc. Stay tuned!