Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Verizon FiOS in Bloomingdale! Be advised that a Verizon salesman is going door-to-door in the neighborhood (he's not a burglar or car thief, okay?)

See this message from a resident of north Bloomingdale:
 
I'm writing because I signed up for Verizon Fios today and am super excited that high speed Internet has finally made its way to Bloomingdale. I thought I would introduce the salesman, Brad Surdam, who is going door-to-door in our neighborhood.
                                                                                  
Given the recent rash of burglaries and car thefts, I thought it might be helpful for other neighbors to know ahead of time about Verizon Fios and their door-to-door sales strategy. I've cc'd him so he can be in touch with you directly.

3 comments:

sara said...

OK I am glad to see this. I was actually going to post this morning. I also got a visit from Brad last night and felt it was rather suspicious. He had no brochures or information or a sales pitch and when I called the number he gave me to verify who he was it was a generic cell voicemail. Maybe he got it together by the time he got to your house. But I would love to know if he was legitimate!
Thanks.

novadancer said...

According to Verizon's site it is still not available in my area of Bloomingdale (western most section)...

Unknown said...

I forwarded this blog post, which was forwarded to Caitlin McKenna (caitlin.a.mckenna@verizon.com).

This was the statement she sent:

Verizon will be in the Bloomingdale neighborhood with a door-to-door sales team over the next few weeks to enable residence to learn more about Verizon FiOS services. Each sales agent will have a visible badge. Verizon is very excited to now be able to offer FiOS services to Bloomingdale residences.