Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Jeep Cherokee Sport stolen from Thomas St NW Sunday evening, 07-28-2013



On Sunday night [07-28-2013], my Jeep Cherokee Sport (boxy shape, 2001 model, color: forest green, Maryland tags, with a large 'G' and Fordham University decal on the rear window, and another 'H' sticker on the bumper) was parked on Thomas Street, NW near the intersection of 1st Street, NW. I just finished moving into my rowhouse over the weekend and remember locking the car on Sunday night at 10 p.m.

The next morning, as I headed out the door to work, the Jeep was missing from the parking spot. I immediately called MPD, and an officer responded to the scene 30 minutes later. He determined that the car was likely stolen. The vehicle is still missing. Apparently the Jeep make and model is a popular one for theft.

MPD also determined that it had not been towed or moved by the city. I also checked the tow lot on West Virginia Ave, NE and there was no record of my car there.

A picture of the car is attached. Please be on the lookout and feel free to contact me by email if you think you see ittebner86@gmail.com. I have been searching throughout the neighborhood and checking the DC ticketing adjudication site, just in case it was left abandoned on a street.

No comments: