Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 16:29:12 -0400
Subject: [HistoricWashington] 2015 DC Historic Preservation Awards Nominations
The Historic Preservation Office is pleased to announce the availability of nomination forms for the 2015 District of Columbia Awards for Excellence in Historic Preservation. The annual awards ceremony is slated for May 2015 to coincide with Preservation Month.
Awards will be selected by committee to recognize individuals, initiatives, and completed projects in the following categories:
• Archaeology: Recognition of outstanding achievements in contributing to the understanding of the past through archaeology.
• Design and Construction: Recognition of exceptional design work in restoration, rehabilitation, and/or new construction affecting a landmark or property in a historic district. Projects of all sizes and levels of complexity are encouraged. Submissions may be submitted for residential, commercial, public or institutional categories work. Projects must have been completed within the past three years to be eligible.
• Education: Recognition of innovative and exceptional preservation educational programs, curricula, or informational tools that focus on preservation and history. Outstanding media coverage of preservation issues by reporters, writers, publishers and publications are also eligible.
• Lifetime Achievement: Recognition of an individual who has made significant, long-term (20+ years) contributions to the preservation of Washington’s architectural and cultural resources.
• Stewardship: Recognition of efforts on behalf of a significant historic resource listed in the DC Inventory of Historic Sites or the National Register of Historic Places that exemplifies superior stewardship and preservation.
• Volunteerism and Community Involvement: Recognition of volunteer efforts of an individual, group of individuals, or an organizations involved in preservation advocacy, projects or initiatives.
Nominations are due Friday, October 31 at 5 pm. A downloadable version of the form is accessible on the HPO website at http://tinyurl.com/mfhgmgu
For additional information contact, Bruce Yarnall at (202) 442-8835 or email@example.com.
Operations and Grants Manager
DC Historic Preservation Office/Office of Planning
1100 4th Street SW Suite E650
Washington, DC 20024
T – (202) 442-8835
F - (202) 442-7638
Post a Comment